Apr 17 2019
DECK CADET ENTRANCE EMAMINATION 2019
What is the selection Process ?
Click HERE to visit the Exam Site and enter the required details Apply for the MSC deck entrance examination at the city of your choice and complete the Application process including payment of registration fee of Rs 800.
|CENTER NAME (Online exam)||Date of Online exam||Place & Date of Interview (For selected Cadets)|
|BHUBANESHWAR||26th April||Kolkata 11th May|
|GOA||26th April||Mumbai 11th May|
|HYDERABAD||26th April||Chennai 11th May|
|BENGALURU||26th April||Chennai 11th May|
|BHOPAL||26th April||Mumbai/Delhi 11th May|
|NAGPUR||26th April||Mumbai 11th May|
|JAIPUR||26th April||Delhi 11th May|
|PATNA||26th April||Patna 27th April|
|CHANDIGARH||2nd-3rd May||Chandigarh 4th May|
|DEHRADUN||8th May||Dehradun 9th May|
|LUCKNOW||8th May||Lucknow 9th May|
|DELHI||9th-10th May||Delhi 11th May|
|MUMBAI||9th-10th May||Mumbai 11th May|
|KOLKATA||9th-10th May||Kolkata 11th May|
|CHENNAI||9th-10th May||Chennai 11th May|
|COCHIN||9th-10th May||Cochin 11th May|
If sufficient candidates are not registered at any venue, exam venue may be changed to alternate nearest city
LAST DAY FOR SUBMITTING MSC APPLICATION – 2 days before Exam date at each center Appear for the ONLINE exam as per the city & dates selected.
PASSED CANDIDATES WILL BE CALLED FOR INTERVIEWS AT SELECTED CITIES on the dates as per table above If sufficient candidates are not registered at any venue, interview venue may be changed to alternate nearest city For your guidance please note the following when you appear for the interview:
- Bring your 10th Mark-sheet for verification of date of birth
- Bring Photo Identity Proof
- Pls bring copy of IMU Examination Application Form which you should have applied for the IMU exam as per instructions on website.
- Bring your resume with photograph and giving below details: Full Name, DATE OF BIRTH, Height, Father’s Name, Full Address with landline and mobile phone ,Family members (Brothers, Sisters, Grand parents etc), Hobbies/Sports activities etc
Apply online for the Indian Maritime University (IMU) Common Entrance Exam (CET) if you haven’t apply already.
- You must fill up the form and submit the details and fees as required
- Appear for the online exam at one of the IMU exam centers
- Apply online at http://imu.edu.in/
Last Date of Form Submission: 5th May 2019
Date of IMU CET: 1st June 2019
NOTE: NO CANDIDATE CAN BE ADMITTED WITHOUT PASSING THE IMU CET
Successful candidates will be called to any one of our centers for completing the following:
- Medical tests (including Eyesight) through our Company doctor (Medical tests are only to be done as per Applicable DGS & Company Guidelines by a DG Shipping approved Company Doctor). Medical fees is approximately around Rs 5000 payable by candidate.
- Psychometric test - fees is approximately Rs 1000 payable by candidate Candidates must be aware that without passing these, they will not be eligible for selection.
If you comply with all Company and DG Shipping criteria and have passed:
- MSC Entrance written exam
- MSC Interview
- IMU entrance exam
- MSC Eyesight & Medical test
- MSC Psychometric test
NOTE: Candidates must meet all requirements of the company as well as those laid out by Indian Maritime University / Director General of Shipping. No candidate can appear more than once each year for the company’s written exam. The company’s decision on selection will be binding and cannot be challenged. Any false declaration or documents will result in the candidate being disqualified.
What will it cost ?
- IMU Charges – as per the information on IMU website.
- Cost of MSC entrance exam = Rs 800/- payable online at the time of registration.
- Cost of Medical & Eyesight Test = approx Rs 5000/- cash payable to MSC approved Medical Clinic.
- Cost of Psychometric Test= approx. Rs 1000/- payable to MSC approved Psychometric counseling service.
Additional costs if you will be selected:
- Non-Refundable Fee to MSC = Rs 15,000
- Cost of 1 Year IMU Pre-sea course = As per institute norms.
- Selected cadets will be assigned to DG Shipping Approved Institutes via MSC TRAINING ACADEMY on the basis of Final results.
Am I eligible ?
Educational qualification: 10+2 with 60% marks in PCM aggregate or 60% marks in the final year of B.Sc. with physics in any of the years of B.Sc or 50% marks in the final year of B.E. or B. Tech. degree
50% marks in English either at 10th or 12th or at graduation level.
All applicants shall comply with the physical and medical standards as per regulations and Company standards. Medical Examination will be done by Company & DG Shipping Approved Doctor ONLY
Minimum Age requirement: candidate should be 17 years of age as on 1st Aug 2019 Maximum Age limit: 19 years of age (for 10+2), 22 years (for BSc graduate) as on 1st Aug 2019
What is the MSC examination like?
The MSC exam is a 1 ½ hour paper with the following
- English – 15 questions
- Maths – 12 questions
- Physics – 13 questions
- General Knowledge – 10 questions
All questions are objective type multiple choice questions
What is the IMU exam like ?
The standard will generally be that of 10+2 level Go to the IMU website for sample examination papers.