Indian Maritime University (IMU) is a Central University, Providing quality education in the maritime field. It was established by the Indian Maritime University Act 2008, on 14 November 2008. So, 14th November is celebrated as ‘IMU Day’ every year. It has campuses at Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, Visakhapatnam and Cochin. Its headquarters is at Chennai and has jurisdiction all over India. The main objective of the Indian Maritime University is to facilitate and promote maritime studies, training; research and extension work with focus on emerging areas of studies like oceanography, maritime history, maritime laws, maritime security, search and rescue, transportation of dangerous cargo, environmental studies and other related fields. The University has 35 affiliated institutes.
IMU-CET ENTRANCE EXAM 2019 EVENTS
IMU-CET Online Application Form Starts - December 14th,2018
Last Date for Applying Online Application form - December 24th,2018
IMU-CET Admit Card Available from - December 27th,2018
IMU-CET Entrance Exam Date - January 04th,2019
IMU-CET Results - January 10th,2019
IMU-CET Online Test Timings - 10am - 1pm
IMU-CET Counselling dates - January Second Week
Course Commences from February 01st, 2019.
The Subjects for the IMU CET DNS Feb 2019 Batch shall be for 200 marks for 200 questions for the following four subjects
- Mathamatics – 50 Marks
- Physics – 50Marks
- Chemistry – 20 Marks
- English – 40 Marks at plus 2 level (CBSE,ISE & State Boards)
- General Aptitued - 40 Marks
Test will be online CET at 12 Cities.
IMU-CET 2019 Online Application Form, Click here.
IMU Information Brochure for Feb-2019 Batches, Click here.
- IMU Important Notice for DNS Feb -2019 Batch, Click here.
- Mock test for Computer based IMU-CET, Click here.
- Latest Circular for Feb -2019 Batches , Click here.
- Latest circular for IMU-DNS Feb -2019 Batch , Click here.
- IMU-CET Entrance Exam Date for DNS June-2019 Batch , Click here.
- IMUCET Exam Admit Card/Hall Ticket, Click here.
PROGRAMMES/COURSES offered by IMU at IMU campuses (Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Vishakhapatnam, Cochin.)
- B.Tech (Marine Engineering)
- B.Tech (Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering)
- B.Sc (Ship Building & Repair)
- B.Sc (Maritime Science)
- B.Sc (Nautical Science)
- Diploma in Nautical Science (DNS) leading to B.Sc. (Applied Nautical Science).
- MBA (Port and Shipping Management)
- MBA (International Transportation and Logistics Management)
- M.Tech (Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering)
- M.Tech (Dredging and Harbour Engineering)
Postgraduate Diploma programmes
- PGDME: Post Graduate Diploma in Marine Engineering.
- At present Ph.D. Programme is being conducted at IMU Visakhapatnam Campus.